Thursday, January 9, 2014

Up, Up, and Away!

Who ever thought that the sun would rise and set and someone would be able to watch it from above the clouds. Many have already done this, perhaps sleeping right on through, but others take flight to a whole new level: the best view for the wonders for the world. I experienced this on the 8th/9th of January on my way across the Atlantic Ocean, heading to Dublin, Ireland from Philadelphia, US. 

The ocean is so vast, the clouds so puffy, the sky so dark, and the lights....well they stick out a bit to much. I'm not sure if we improved the physical earth with all of our fancy buildings, but it makes for a great light show on an evening/overnight flight! and I cant wait to see it from the ground.

I had a few connecting flights to make in the midst of the winter season....aka not so happy fellow (delayed) travelers. I certainly made the most of my time both in the air and on the ground as I rested, read a few chapters of a good book, and caught up on some emails. A few friendly travelers mentioned a few places for me to check out and we wished each other well on our ways. 

My next stop is the University of Glasgow, where I'll be staying in Wolfson Hall for the term.